Pre‐Seed Application Content
Pre‐Seed Award applications build and expand upon information provided within previously accepted Abstracts. When completing the Pre‐Seed application template, please follow the detailed instructions provided within the online submission system to accurately describe the pediatric need, the proposed device concept, commercialization strategy, and support requested from NEPDC. Where applicable, applications should also include foreseeable development and commercialization challenges along with proposed strategic plans to overcome them. Specifically, applications consist of both categorical and essay questions in the following areas:
- Pediatric Need and Significance: Briefly describe the pediatric need for your device; including a summary of preliminary research either you or others have conducted to quantify the incidence, prevalence, and demographics of the affected population.
- Device Solution: Provide a detailed description of the device concept, how it will be used in its intended setting, and technical specifications and requirements. Regulatory, testing, and intellectual property status will be included in this section.
- Competition and Market Hurdles: Assess the current market opportunity and compare your device to existing standard(s) of care, including alternative or competing technologies.
- Commercialization Goals and Challenges: Describe your overall approach and desired outcome for commercializing your device.
- NEPDC Support: State how in‐kind service and funding resources will be used to help accelerate commercialization of your device.
- Proposed Project Timeline and Budget: Pre-Seed Awards include both funding and NEPDC in-kind service (up to $10,000 and 40 hours) over a 3‐9 month project period. Provide a detailed timeline and budget that describe how these resources will be allocated.
- Team Members: Name all key team members serving in a primary and advisory role and their qualifications. Complete CVs or biosketches may be included as attachments.
If available, you are welcome and encouraged to include any additional information or materials that may help NEPDC better evaluate your device. This information could include any combination of design, regulatory, testing, or market assessment documents, can be uploaded on the last page of the Pre‐Seed application template.